Tuesday, November 1, 2011

i needed you

I needed you
But you were not there.
I asked for your help
And you turned away.
I cried out to you
But still you did not answer.
Even know as I sit here in darkness,
Alone and without a friend in the world,
You continue to shut me out.

I do not need you
You stand beside me.
I don’t need your help.
You offer your advice.
You cry out to me
But I turn away not listening.
You now sit in the darkness,
In which I was once confined too.
And I will shut you out forever.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful.
    Now, don't go thinking of me as a huge country music fan or anything crazy like that, but this sort of reminds me of that song 'If I Die Youg' by The Band Perry. For me, the song is saying that people never really hear or understand you until you are gone, even though your screaming to be heard. Then what the poem is saying is that this person never cared until you were gone.
    Did that make any sense???
    At all???
    Or was I way off???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that makes a load of sense and no you wernt off at all. i love that song too because as you said, it makes people realize that maybe they should have payed attention to the person now that they are gone. i think that song ties into "I need you know" by Lady Antebellum. i usually only like songs that touch me in some way.

    ReplyDelete

That was Random!