Monday, November 19, 2012

marshmellows

   Okay the theme is random right? 
well I woke up this morning and I couldn't figure out what to blog about so i thought, "hmm, marshmallows!" So as reader's will see I  decided to stick with that thought. 
   All around the world, the effects of fall are becoming more and more apparent. The old people are raking leaves, the Pyros are lighting piles of them on fire, and the air and wind feel almost like a sharp blade to your nose or skin.
   A little side comment, I have looked at my stats and see that some of my viewers are people from Africa, Egypt, Islam, and Afghanistan. These are warmer countries where the effects of fall arent so noticeable. What I am about to write about is something that pertains to these readers as well. So, please stick around because this is something that is for everyone. 
   Okay, back on the tracks. Well I came inside from raking leaves and was kinda cold. I was a little bit disappointed that my lighter had been out of juice and wouldn't set the pile of leaves that I had spent hours raking up, on fire. 
   Yes, readers it would be safe to say that I was thirsty for entertainment. While, I thought about how to quench my thirst for fun, I decided to make some hot chocolate.       What better way to warm up and quench your inner thirst then to drink a cup of rich-chocolatey goodness? 
   Out of politeness, I wish to stop writing and urge readers to maybe go and grab them a cup of Hot Chocolate. It's okay. 
(Pause)
(Intermission) 
   Well whats the best thing to have with hot chocolate? If you guessed marshmallows, then you are correct. 
I actually decided to have Smores. So I took the graham cracker and I broke it like this...
you get the picture. 
   So after i made my Smores I wanted to melt my chocolate bar in the microwave to give it a campfire affect. 
   I turned around to pour the boiling water on top of the powdered coco and when I turned around my eyes nearly popped out of my head. Instead of three medium size marshmallows, (the bite size ones, I was staring at three marshmallows about as big as a baked potato!
   Quickly i opened up the microwave, afraid that they might explode. As soon as i did this however, those puff-balls began to deflate. 
I put them in again and turned the microwave back on. 
Yes, readers i was aware that my chocolate bar was plenty melted and looked by now as if it had been totally consumed by the flames. The marshmallows began to puff up again and i let them get even bigger.
I thought this was awesome! I was completely enthralled by the scientific effect on the marshmallows!
I kept this up for about twenty minutes and finally experimented with it. I did many things, like putting twelve in a bowl and seing how big they got, or putting them in for like five to ten minutes to see what they would do. This was so incredibly fun. 
   If readers find themselves lacking entertainment on a cold fall day, I urge them to try this!
   Like I said earlier, this goes for all countries. As long as you have a microwave and a bag (or two) of marshmallows you can try this trick out. 
Enjoy :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

That was Random!